A $1.2 million class/collective settlement has been given preliminary approval in Foster v. Advantage Sales & Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions and notice has been sent to California CDMRs and non-California CDMRs informing them of their rights and options under the settlement. Plaintiffs Wilma Foster, Adam Thimons, and Kimberley Schmidt alleged that Advantage misclassified its Customer Development Managers-Retail (CDMR) as exempt employees and denied them overtime protections under federal and state law. Plaintiffs are represented by GBDH and Obermayer Rebmann Maxwell & Hippel LLP.
A final fairness hearing will be held on March 12, 2020, where the judge will consider whether the settlement is fair, reasonable, and adequate.
- Second Amended Complaint PDF 12/10/2019
- Settlement Agreement PDF 11/20/2019
- Motion for Preliminary Approval PDF 11/20/2020
- Order Granting Preliminary Approval PDF 12/09/2019
- Notice of California Class Members PDF 12/23/2019
- Notice to Non-California Class Members PDF 12/23/2019
- Motion for Attorneys' Fees & Costs PDF 01/02/2020